|Plan B for Stowe Derby Course|
Snow conditions have been challenging lately and picking the best, and safest route for the Derby has been somewhat of a puzzling challenge. While the goal is to have the race end as close to town as possible, we have now decided that the course will not go any further than the TopNotch field, behind the Tennis Center. The lower part of the Stowe Rec Path is simply too thin and icy and there is very little snow that can be moved around to make this situation a better one. The new selected location is perfect and large enough to handle our finish.
On the other hand, the Derby course will not be OFFICIAL until Saturday. Some mixed precipitation including some "R..." is expected for Friday, and the amount and form of precipitation is still very much up in the air. If the trail does not get affected by that last challenge Mother Nature is throwing our way, we will stick with Plan B. Here is plan B - so far...
So... stay tuned or the final course. As previously stated, we are trying all we can to keep the Derby safe, fun and not too brutally demanding. And that is coming from me, the Derby girl (Pascale).